DEBH Call for Nominations - Open now through March 1, 2022
Open now through March 1, 2022
DEBH is calling for nominations for five open Executive Committee positions and one elected committee position to begin July 01, 2022. Full descriptions of each office are available on the DEBH website (https://debh.exceptionalchildren.org) and more information can be obtained by contacting the DEBH Past president (Kimber Vannest; Kimberly.Vannest@uvm.edu) or another member of the Nominations and Elections Committee (Rebecca Hartzell, Erika Pinter, Rebecca Sherod; firstname.lastname@example.org) additional contact info below.
Vice President – 1-year term (2022-2023)
The Vice President is an extremely important role as this person will serve one year before ascending to President Elect, President, and then Past President over 4 consecutive years.
Representative to the CEC Representative Assembly (Representative “A”) – 2-year term (2022-2024)
Representatives to the CEC Representative Assembly provide a crucial link between DEBH and the larger CEC organization, acting as a liaison between the DEBH Executive Committee, DEBH Regional and State Membership, and CEC.
International Member-at-Large – 2-year term (2022-2024)
The International Member-at-large (MAL) works with the DEBH Executive Committee to expand the perspective of DEBH outside of the United States.
Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Member-at-Large – 2-year term (2022-2024)
The Ethnic and Multicultural Member-at-Large (MAL) establishes and maintains a communication network to ensure that persons of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds have an active voice in DEBH activities and decision-making.
Elections and Nominations Committee Member – 3-year term (2022-2025)
The Elections and Nominations committee members work with the Past President to conduct elections according to the DEBH Constitution and By-Laws.
Nomination and Submission Instructions
Nomination and Submission Instructions Nominators must send a signed letter to the DEBH Nominations and Elections Chair, Kimber Vannest. This letter must include the nominator's DEBH membership number to validate DEBH membership of the nominator.
DEBH Past President
Nominations and Elections Committee
Individuals nominated by another party must affirm their agreement by a separate letter to the Nominations and Elections Committee Chairperson and must include the following materials:
- Statement from nominee, separate from the nominator’s letter, agreeing to be nominated.
- CEC membership number of the nominee, to validate DEBH membership.
- Three-part statement that presents, in 1,000 words or fewer, the following:
- issue(s) relevant for the Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health (may involve students, professionals, or other issues);
- proposed responses needed to deal with issue(s) identified, and
- how the nominee, if elected, can work on the DEBH Executive Committee in responding to these issue(s).
- Condensed resume or vita (maximum of three pages).
- A ballot statement describing nominee’s qualifications, perspectives, and/or goals. This will be included in the ballot verbatim, and length must not exceed 100 words.
- A photograph (ideally professional headshot) to be used on the ballot and DEBH social media (website, Facebook, Twitter, Behavior Today newsletter, etc.) Submitting the photograph serves as permission to use the photo in DEBH media.
The deadline for nominations and all supporting material for offices is March 1, 2022 and the election period will begin no later than April 15, 2022 and end no later than May 15, 2022.