Executive Committee Positions
We're committed to encouraging individuals who work with children and youth with emotional and behavioral disorders to fully participate in the Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health (DEBH).
We feel active participation in the direction of DEBH is an investment in the field, research, and practice of working with students in the most fulfilling way.
In an effort to provide individuals with opportunities to participate in and shape the Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health (DEBH) now and into the future, nominations for DEBH's Executive Committee positions are done on a rotating basis.
Positions become open for nomination in a staggered manner (i.e., certain positions have openings each year instead of the full Executive Committee being elected each year) to allow opportunities for any interested party.
Executive Committee-Elected Positions
- Vice-President (1-year term; then become: President Elect, 1-year term; President, 1-year term; and Past President, 1-year term)
- Treasurer (4-year term)
- Representative A (2-year term)
- Secretary/Representative B (2-year term)
- Canadian Member at Large (2 year term)
- Ethnic and Multicultural Member at Large (2-year term)
- Student Member At-Large (2-year term)
- Nominations and Elections Committee Member (2-year term)
Abbreviated List of Materials Needed for Nomination
- Statement accepting nomination
- CEC membership number of the nominee
- Statement that presents, in 1,000 words or less, the following:
a. Issues for DEBH (may involve students, professionals, or other issues)
b. Responses needed to deal with issues identified
c. How the nominee, if elected, would respond to the issues while on the Executive Committee
- Condensed resume or vita (maximum of four pages).
- A ballot statement describing nominee’s qualifications, perspectives, and/or goals. This will be included in the ballot verbatim, and length must not exceed 100 words.