DEBH Call for Nominations - Open now through January 15, 2023
DEBH is calling for nominations for four open Executive Committee positions and one elected committee position to begin July 01, 2023. Full descriptions of each office are available on the DEBH website and more information can be obtained by contacting the DEBH Past President (Brian Barber; email@example.com) or the Nominations and Elections Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President – 1-year term (2023-2024)
The Vice President is an important role in shaping the vision and mission of the organization, as well as supporting member-related activities. The elected person will serve one year before ascending to President Elect, President, and then Past President over 4 consecutive years.
Representative to the CEC Representative Assembly (Representative “B”) – 2-year term (2023-2024, 2024-2025)
Representatives to the CEC Representative Assembly provide a crucial link between DEBH and the larger CEC organization, acting as a liaison between the DEBH Executive Committee, DEBH Regional and State Membership, and CEC.
Secretary – 2-year term (2023-2024, 2024-2025)
The secretary works with the DEBH President and other members of the Executive Committee to schedule and attend meetings, take minutes of the proceedings during meetings, and to disseminate information to the committee.
Student Member-at-Large – 2-year term (2023-2024, 2024-2025)
The Student Member-at-Large (MAL) represents and promotes student perspectives to the Executive Committee, facilitates communication with student DEBH members, and represents DEBH for student CEC activities.
Elections and Nominations Committee Member – 3-year term (2022-2025)
The Elections and Nominations committee members work with the Past President to conduct elections according to the DEBH Constitution and By-Laws.
Nomination and Submission Instructions
Nominators must send a signed letter to the DEBH Nominations and Elections Chair, Brian Barber. This letter must include the nominator's DEBH membership number to validate DEBH membership of the nominator.
DEBH Past President
Nominations and Elections Committee
Mary Rose Sallese
Individuals nominated by another party must affirm their agreement by a separate letter to the Nominations and Elections Committee Chairperson, and must include the following materials:
- Statement from nominee, separate from the nominator’s letter, agreeing to be nominated.
- CEC membership number of the nominee, to validate DEBH membership.
- Three-part statement that presents, in 1,000 words or fewer, the following:
- issue(s) relevant for the Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health (may involve students, professionals, or other issues);
- proposed responses needed to deal with issue(s) identified, and
- how the nominee, if elected, can work on the DEBH Executive Committee in responding to these issue(s).
- Condensed resume or vita (maximum of three pages).
- A ballot statement describing nominee’s qualifications, perspectives, and/or goals. This will be included in the ballot verbatim, and length must not exceed 100 words.
- A photograph (ideally professional headshot) to be used on the ballot and DEBH social media (website, Facebook, Twitter, Behavior Today newsletter, etc.) Submitting the photograph serves as permission to use the photo in DEBH media.
The deadline for nominations and all supporting material for offices is January 15, 2023 and the election period will begin no later than January 23, 2023 and end no sooner than February 24, 2023.