About CCBD: Vision, Mission, & History
Council for Children with Behavior Disorders (CCBD)
The organization dedicated to providing support for children with unique behavioral needs.
Want to know more about...
- effective classroom management strategies
- how to work with students with EBD, Autism, ADHD, and more
- working to support students in the juvenile justice system
- teaching core curriculum to students with challenging behavior
- mental health issues and how they can effect student success
If so, then come explore CCBD... you'll be glad you did!!!
(adopted by Executive Committee, 1-6-09)
CCBD is an international community of educators which is the voice and vision of special education for children and youth with or at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders. CCBD is a diverse, vibrant professional organization that works together and with others to ensure that these students are valued and included in all aspects of life. CCBD is a trusted leader in shaping education policy and practice and is globally renowned for its expertise and leadership in:
- Promoting and publishing research that improves policy and practice for children and youth with or at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders;
- Providing professional development opportunities that improve policy and practice for children and youth with or at risk of emotional and behavioral disorders;
- Advocating on behalf of individuals with emotional and behavioral disorders and partnering with other organizations and individuals who share this commitment; and
- Extending critical professional support to our colleagues in these endeavors, the members of CCBD.
The History of CCBD
Click here for the history of CCBD and the principles of its foundation and founders.